Earl Grey & Lavender Scones
Bake our fragrant afternoon tea addition in just 30 mins. My Kitchen Drawer has given an all-time classic a tea twist that will impress any guest. Just add cream and jam - we'll let you decide the order!
- 350g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50g unsalted butter
- 175g milk
- 2 tsp Whittards of Chelsea Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- Clotted Cream
- BLackcurrant Jam
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan and line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the Earl Grey tea then mix to combine well.
- In a separate bowl add the milk and warm it gently in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the dried lavender to the warm milk and allow it to infuse into the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the warm infused milk into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to form a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead a little to bring it together being careful not to overwork it.
- Gently roll the dough out or press with your hands into a circle approx. 25cm in diameter.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangles then lay onto the prepared baking tray and brush with milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool a little then serve with clotted cream and blackcurrant jam.